Orecchiette pesto pasta
( SERVES 4 )
Chand Sahrawat looks at food through the eyes of Zoya, her hospobaby*. Here's the recipe for hospobaby's birthday orecchiette pasta. Orecchiette is easily found in speciality food stores like Farro Fresh.
*"Hospo", short for hospitality, is a term used regularly in the hospitality industry. Chand and Sid own the restaurant Sidart in Ponsonby, so Zoya has been part of the hospitality industry from day one, hence the term hospobaby.
For the pasta
For the pesto
- Boil the orecchiette as per packet instructions and drain.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1cm pieces and saute in a frying pan with some olive oil.
- Using a knife slice the kernels off the cob and add into the pan.
- Put all the ingredients for the pesto into a liquidiser and add olive oil as required, blitzing until it blends into a smooth paste.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the pasta and the pesto to the pan.
- Toss quickly and take it off the heat, as further cooking will split the pesto.
- Serve with grated grana padano.