Tomato scramble eggs
Photo by Michael Craig
While not the most pretty, these eggs taste great.
- Chop up larger tomatoes, or leave whole cherry tomatoes, and gently cook down in oil or butter, or a mix of both.
- Once collapsed and coloured, pour over your just- beaten eggs and move around with a wooden spoon.
- Keep the heat low, allowing the egg to form "curds".
- Remove from the heat before the egg has fully set; the residual heat will finish the cooking.
- Scatter with fresh herbs of your choice, or garnish with a large stem of your favourite.
- You could sit the eggs on toast with a bed of rocket or baby spinach leaves.