Chicken drumsticks with ras el hanout
Photo by Tamara West
Add Moroccan flavourings and spice things up tonight.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or suitable casserole dish. Season chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper, place in hot oil and cook until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Lower the heat, add onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add ras el hanout and coriander seeds and cook a further 30 seconds.
- Stir in stock, bring just up to the boil, then return chicken to casserole dish. Place in oven for 30 minutes. The chicken drumsticks should be cooked at this stage.
- Remove from oven and add chickpeas, raisins, harissa and orange zest. Return to oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander and plenty of steamed couscous to mop up all the chicken juices.
Make your own ras el hanout using Warren Elwin's recipe.