Porcini & Potato Bake
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes or until softened.
- Strain mushrooms through a fine sieve, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Butter a 23cm x 23cm baking dish.
- Pat mushrooms dry and coarsely chop. Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Melt butter in a large pan and saute mushrooms and garlic for one minute, stirring often.
- Add a quarter cup of the reserved liquid, the milk, cream, chives and seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring.
- Layer potatoes and porcini mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for one hour or until potatoes are tender. Serve as an accompaniment.