Photo by Thickstock
- Prick your olives with a sharp knife.
- Fill jars with pricked olives. (Clean sterilised jars)
- Make a brine solution of 100g salt per litre of water.
- Pour brine over olives and screw on lids. Shake jars twice a day.
- After one week drain off the brine and top with fresh brine. Do this for at least three weeks.
- Taste test the olives. If still too bitter change the brine and leave for another week.
- Once the olives taste how you like them you can just leave them in the brine, topped up with a little olive oil.