Grape bread with vincotto
Makes one large loaf
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Make a well. Add the oil to the water and add to the flour, mix well.
- On a lightly oiled bench, tip out the mix and knead for 15 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a teatowel and leave in a warm, draught-free place for 45 minutes to double in size.
- Tip the dough on to an oiled oven tray and flatten. Gently press the grapes into the dough and scatter with sugar then drizzle with olive oil.
- While leaving the dough to recover for 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 220C and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top and crisp underneath. Drizzle with vincotto before eating.