Thai green curry with pumpkin
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 tsp||Shrimp paste|
|2 Tbsp||Peanut oil|
|1||Chilli, chopped finely|
|600 g||Chicken breasts, skinless, cut into cubes|
|2 cups||Green beans, cut into cubes|
|2 cups||Pumpkin, cut into cubes|
|½||Red pepper, sliced|
|1½ cups||Coconut cream|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1 to garnish||Basil|
|1 to garnish||Fresh coriander|
- Into a processor or mortar and pestle place the garlic, lemongrass, ginger, shrimp paste, peanut oil, cumin, turmeric and chilli. Blend or grind to form a paste.
- Heat a fry pan to a medium heat and fry the paste for 2 or 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and vegetables. Stir to coat for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water, sugar and lime leaves.
- Simmer gently until the pumpkin and beans are soft.
- Garnish with basil and coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Chef's tip: The zest of a lemon can replace lemongrass if it's not available.