Vegetable curry puffs
( SERVES 20 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1||Onion, small, finely chopped|
|1 cup||Spinach, shredded|
|300 g||Potatoes, boiled and mashed roughly|
|150 g||Kumara, boiled and mashed roughly|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander, chopped|
- In a frying pan heat the oil, then add the onion and carrot. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the spinach, potato and kumara.
- Leave to cool, then stir through the chopped coriander.
- Place the flour in a bowl and rub through the butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks and water, then mix to form a dough.
- Roll on a floured bench to 3mm thick and cut into 11cm circles.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling on to each circle, fold in half and roll the edges to seal. Refrigerate until needed.
- Half-fill a wok or frying pan with oil. On a medium heat, fry the puffs until crisp and golden.
- Serve with sweet chilli.