Photo by Tamara West
If you’ve got them by the kilo, here’s how to get the most out of the finicky feijoa.
- Place all the ingredients except the feijoas into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel your feijoas, add them to the hot syrup and let them cook for a few minutes, until they’re tender when poked with a sharp knife.
- Fill a sterilised 1L jar with the feijoas, top up with the syrup, and seal.
- Serve with dessert, or as a tangy accompaniment to grilled meats.