( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
The' natural sweet-sourness of plums make them an excellent fruit to use for fools. I only add a little sugar to the plums, but if you want a sweeter finish simply add a bit more sugar. This fool recipe is very quick to make, so get the kids involved — they can assemble their own, and pop them in the fridge until dinner time.
- Dice the plums and remove the stones.
- Place plums in a pot with sugar and water, cover with a lid, bring slowly to the boil then turn down to a simmer. Cook until plums are soft, allow to cool, then strain off the juice.
- Whip the cream then fold in two thirds of the plums.
- Pour a little of the plum juice into each of the serving glasses, top with the cream and plum mix then spoon over the remaining fruit.
- Finish with a little extra plum juice.