Sweet Paprika BBQ Beef Fillet
( SERVES 4 )
- Brush the fillet with oil. Combine the seasonings. Rub over the beef.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Remove and return to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat a covered barbecue to about 200 degC.
- Place on the grill and barbecue for five minutes, until brown and crusted on one side.
- Turn the meat over just once so only one set of grill lines are burned on to the outside.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness. Rare steak feels soft and spongy when you push it with your finger.
- Medium steak feels firmer and springs back. Well-done steak feels very firm.
- Peppers (capsicums) can be chargrilled at the same time.
- Great served with boiled potatoes tossed with melted butter, chopped mint and lemon pepper.