Roasted apricot, sumac lamb and quinoa salad
( SERVES 4 )
- Place the lamb in a dish; combine the sumac with lemon zest, seasoning and 1 Tbs of olive oil. Massage into the lamb then leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Put the halved apricots in a baking dish and drizzle with 2 Tbs of olive oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and roast for 20 minutes, cool.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, add quinoa in a steady stream while stirring and cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender then drain. Fluff up with a fork and leave to cool.
- Heat 1 Tbs of olive oil in a pan and cook the lamb for 5 minutes on each side, remove from pan and leave to rest, then slice.
- Combine the quinoa with ginger and parsley, season. Plate with the apricots and sliced lamb, drizzling any left-over juices from the apricots over the salad.