Tex-Mex chicken basket with kiwifruit salsa
|4||Flat bread wraps, round, multigrain|
|1 Tbsp||Canola oil|
|420 g||Canned tomatoes, with chilli|
|1 tsp||Chilli, diced|
|1 can||Red kidney beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup||Corn kernels|
|1 bunch||Coriander, or parsley|
|4 cups||Long grain rice, cooked|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Meanwhile, warm wraps in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until pliable.
- Press into non-stick metal moulds to make baskets. Bake for about 10 minutes, until crisp. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion, chicken and diced chilli.
- Saute until onion is limp. Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked. Thicken, if preferred, with a little cornflour and water paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place rice in the base of each basket then top with the chicken mixture. Garnish with coriander or parsley. Serve with the combined salsa ingredients.