Roasted Venison with Smoked Garlic
|1||Garlic, bulb of smoked|
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|500 g||Venison, boneless roast|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|1||Red capsicum, seeded and thickly sliced|
|1||Green capsicum, seeded and thickly sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Remove the cloves from the garlic bulb and peel.
- Combine in a small roasting pan with the shallots, one tablespoon of the olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the venison with olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and thyme leaves.
- Place the venison on the garlic and shallots and roast for 15 minutes. Add the peppers.
- Continue roasting for 10 minutes. Remove, cover with foil and rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
- Meanwhile, boil the ingredients for the jus rapidly, until reduced by half. Strain and serve with the venison.