Pulled pork sliders
Chand Sahrawat looks at food through the eyes of Zoya, her *hospobaby. Here's the recipe for pulled pork Chand adopted from a Martha Stewart recipe.
*"Hospo", short for hospitality, is a term used regularly in the hospitality industry. Chand and Sid own the restaurant Sidart in Ponsonby so Zoya has been part of the hospitality industry from day one, hence the term hospobaby.
- In a slow cooker, stir together ½ cup ketchup, sugar, garlic, sage, oregano, salt and pepper
- Cut pork in half lengthwise and add to the slow cooker, turning to coat.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is very tender and falling apart, about 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours).
- Add 1chipotle chilli in adobo sauce, chopped up, to the slow cooker for a slight kick.
- Hospobaby can tolerate 1 chilli, you can leave it out if you wish. Most supermarkets stock the La Morena brand of chipotle chillies.
- Transfer pork to a large bowl. Using a large spoon, skim off and discard any fat from surface of cooking liquid.
- With two forks, pull meat apart until shredded. Pour any juices from slow cooker over pork, add remaining ¼ cup ketchup, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon meat into soft rolls and top with some shredded cabbage.