Wasabi Oyster Omelette
It's the Bluff oyster season. Treat someone special.
|1 Tbsp||Plain flour|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (use white pepper)|
|1 tsp||Wasabi paste|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the cream and milk, stirring until thickened.
- Add the salt, pepper, wasabi and lemon juice. Stir well. Fold in the oysters.
- To make the omelette, whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt, pepper and parmesan, until frothy.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Melt the butter in a medium, non-stick frying pan. Add the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat until the base is golden and top firm.
- Spoon the warm oyster mixture over one half of the omelette and fold the other half over the top.