Chocolate panna cotta
This rich dessert is delicious served with fresh fruit and a dash of whipped cream.
- Lightly oil four to six moulds. Place on a tray.
- Soak the gelatine in the cold water, until softened.
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan, add the sugar and the vanilla pod and bring almost to the boil. Whisk in the caster sugar and gelatine. Remove from the heat. Cover and set aside for one to two minutes to infuse.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Pour the warm milk mixture through a sieve into the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Pour into the prepared moulds.
- Refrigerate to set for three to four hours.
- To turn out, dip the moulds into hot water then turn onto a serving plate.