- Combine the dried fruit and brandy and stand for one hour. Lightly toast the nuts then finely chop.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy. Gradually beat in four tablespoons of the caster sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Whip the cream lightly and beat in the remaining sugar. Combine the nuts and dried fruit.
- Fold the meringue and fruit mixture into the whipped cream. Line a five-cup pudding basin with plastic film.
- Spoon in the mixture. Cover and freeze until firm.
- To serve, upturn on a serving plate, pipe with whipped cream and decorate with cherries.