( SERVES 6 )
Photo by iStock
- Puree berries, until smooth. Sieve if preferred. There should be about 1 & 1/4 cups of puree.
- Combine gelatine with water and white sugar and dissolve over hot water or in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add the fruit puree. Bring to the boil on medium heat then remove and cool.
- Chill until the mixture reaches an egg-white consistency.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks then gradually beat in the caster sugar.
- Fold into the fruit mixture with the whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert bowls or wine glasses.
- Chill until set. Serve topped with extra berries.