Simple to make, this pudding will keep, covered and refrigerated, for several months.
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder, dark|
|½ cup||Baking mix, gluten-free|
|1½ tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, gluten-free|
|4 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2½ cups||Dried fruit, (chop any large fruit before measuring)|
|75 g||Butter, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Golden syrup, or maple syrup|
|1||Egg, large, lightly beaten|
- Sift the baking mix, cocoa and mixed spice into a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, brown sugar, dried fruit, butter and marmalade and mix with a fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Grease a pudding bowl suitable for the microwave.
- Spoon the mixture in and smooth the top. Cover with plastic film.
- Make two slits in the top. Microwave on 75 per cent power for five minutes.
- Rest for five minutes. Cook for a further two to three minutes.
- Serve with custard or brandy sauce or cool and refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- To reheat, drizzle the top with a little brandy and reheat for 2-3 minutes.