Gnocchi with Cavolo Nero
Photo by iStock
Use silverbeet leaves if cavolo nero is unavailable.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Blanch cavolo nero in boiling water until limp, about two minutes. Drain well and pat dry. Chop.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add shallots and cavolo nero and saute for one to two minutes, until shallots have softened.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water until they float to the top. Drain well and place in a 25cmx17cm baking dish. Add cavolo nero mixture.
- Crumble cheese over top and cover with cream. Season and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling. Excellent served with a crisp salad.