Chinese-style Venison & Vegetables
In this quick, popular family dish, Asian seasonings complement lean, farm-raised venison and a selection of seasonal vegetables.
- Prepare all the ingredients before commencing cooking.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Pat the venison dry. Combine the hoisin sauce, tamarind paste and sesame oil.
- Rub into the venison. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Return the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the rice bran oil in a wok until hot. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add the snow peas and peppers and stir-fry for one to two minutes, until crisp-tender. Place to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil. Stir-fry the venison in batches for about one to two minutes each batch, until just cooked.
- Return the vegetables to the pan together with the chilli. Stir the sauce mixture then add to the wok, stirring until thickened and hot.