( SERVES 16 )
These baked polenta bites can be reheated briefly in the microwave. Use toppings of your choice eg, brie and spicy pickle, goat's cheese and rhubarb chutney, tapenade and feta cheese or pesto and chorizo.
- Bring the stock and milk to the boil. Whisk in the polenta.
- Stir on low heat for about three minutes, until thick. Stir in the parmesan and butter.
- Pour into an oiled tray patting into a 1cm-thick flat rectangle. Chill until firm.
- Set oven to 200C. Lightly brush an oven tray with olive oil.
- Using a 4cm diameter biscuit cutter, cut about 16 rounds from the firm polenta.
- Place on the oven tray. Bake for about 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Cover with your choice of topping.