( SERVES 16 )
These baked polenta bites can be reheated briefly in the microwave.
- Toppings of your choice eg, brie and spicy pickle, goat's cheese and rhubarb chutney, tapenade and feta cheese or pesto and chorizo
- Bring the stock and milk to the boil. Whisk in the polenta.
- Stir on low heat for about three minutes, until thick. Stir in the parmesan and butter.
- Pour into an oiled tray patting into a 1cm-thick flat rectangle. Chill until firm.
- Set oven to 200 degC. Lightly brush an oven tray with olive oil.
- Using a 4cm diameter biscuit cutter, cut about 16 rounds from the firm polenta.
- Place on the oven tray. Bake for about 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Cover with your choice of topping.