Paddle crab with capellini, fennel, chilli and garlic
Photo by Tamara West
Fennel is a great addition to this seafood pasta.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add capellini and boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta in a colander then toss with 20ml of olive oil to prevent from sticking together.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large heavy based frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fennel and cook for 2 minutes without allowing it to colour.
- Add chilli and garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds without colouring.
- Add crabmeat and season with a little salt and pepper before increasing heat slightly and adding lemon juice, herbs and warm pasta.
- Mix well to combine, adjust seasoning to taste and divide pasta between 4 bowls. Serve immediately. Crusty fresh bread or a simple green salad would be a great side to this dish.