Steak Sandwiches With Horseradish Butter
- Preheat the grill to high. Combine the butter, horseradish, mustard, onion and pepper in a bowl, until well-combined. Pat the steak dry.
- Season with pepper, then place on a rack in a roasting pan. Spread the top of the steak with one teaspoon of the horseradish butter.
- Spread a little on each mushroom.
- Grill the steak, about 5cm away from the heat, for three minutes.
- Turn over and spread the other side with another teaspoon of horseradish butter, then continue grilling for about three to four minutes.
- Cook the mushrooms at the same time for about two minutes each side.
- Cut the baguette crosswise into four equal sections.
- Halve each section horizontally.Toast and brush with olive oil, if preferred.
- Thinly slice the steaks on a 45-degree angle, across the grain.
- Spread the cut sides of the bread with a little horseradish butter.
- Top the base halves of the baguette with the steak, mushrooms, rocket and remaining bread.