Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Bacon & Avocado Mayo
( SERVES 2 )
- Combine the oil, hoisin sauce and tamarind puree in a plastic bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Remove and sprinkle with pepper.
- Grill or pan-grill on a ridged frying pan on medium for about five minutes each side.
- Remove to a warm plate, cover with foil and rest for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill or microwave the bacon until crisp. Halve and grill the tomatoes.
- Toast the bread. Combine the avocado with the mayo. Slice the chicken. Spread the toast with the avocado mayo.
- Place a slice on a serving plate. Pile with half the salad ingredients, then the prepared ingredients. Top with another slice of toast. Repeat.