Photo by iStock
Rolling these cookies is similar to rolling a sponge roll. The dough can be frozen, then sliced and cooked when required.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light. This can be done in a food processor.
- Slowly add the egg and vanilla. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together and gradually beat into the butter mixture.
- Divide the dough in half. Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to one half.
- Chill the two mixtures for 30 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed or baking paper, roll one half into a rectangle about 5mm thick.
- Shape the remaining dough into a similar size and place on top of the other dough.
- From a long side, roll up tightly in the paper and chill or freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC. Lightly grease two oven trays.
- Slice the dough into thin rounds and place on the prepared trays.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.