Fudgy Biscuit Pops
You will need about 30 lollipop sticks or cake sticks to insert in your pops, sold by specialty cake-decorating stores, some delis and supermarkets. To allow the decorated pops to set without damage, I stabbed the ends of their sticks into an upturned polystyrene plate. Or you could rest them in drinking glasses.
|225 g||Malt biscuits|
|½ cup||Walnut pieces|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 Tbsp||Apricot jam, sieved|
- Break up the biscuits and put in a food processor. Blend until finely crushed.
- Add the walnuts and sultanas and blend until coarsely chopped. Place in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and sugar together over low heat, stirring often.
- Stir in the egg and bring to boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, apricot jam and vanilla essence.
- Combine with the biscuit crumbs. Working quickly, form teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- Before the balls set, dip the ends of the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate, then insert them in the pops. This will keep them firm.
- Dip or spread the pops with melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.