( SERVES 12 )
- Wet your hands and place a heaped tablespoon of the risotto in your palm.
- Flatten to a thickness of about 2cm. Place a cube of mozzarella plus a pinch of parmesan in the centre.
- Fold the risotto round it to form a ball. Repeat with the remaining risotto.
- Dip the balls into the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook. Return to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer, wok or large saucepan until a faint haze rises.
- Fry a few balls at a time for 2-4 minutes, turning so the surfaces become crisp and golden.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.