Five-Spice Lamb with Thai-Style Mint Sauce
- Preheat oven to 160 degC. Trim lamb of excess fat, if necessary. Score top of roast as you would a ham.
- Combine sugar, five-spice and salt. Rub over scored lamb. Dot with ginger.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Add a cup of water or stock to the pan. Roast for 45 minutes per 500g plus an extra 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put all the ingredients for sauce in a blender. Process until smooth.Chill until required.
- Stand lamb, tented with foil and covered with a thick towel for 15 to 30 minutes before carving. This allows meat to set.
- Drain any fat from the pan and use the juices to make a gravy.
- Serve lamb with hot gravy and cold mint sauce.