Vietnamese chicken salad
Fresh and full flavoured, this is very popular picnic fare!
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and poach in oven for 25 minutes at 180 degC fan bake. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes in the cooking liquid. Shred the chicken and place back in poaching liquid.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cook noodles following pack instructions. Drain and add to dressing.
- Peel carrot into long strips, using a vegetable peeler. Do the same with the cucumber until you reach the seeds. Discard seeds.
- Add carrot, cucumber and lightly drained shredded chicken to noodle mixture. Toss. Add radishes, red onion and mint. Toss. Place mixture onto servings plates and toss with peanuts.
Take along some soft bread rolls to accompany this salad.