Sesame-glazed prawn yakitori
( SERVES 4 )
This is a classic combination that’s incredibly tasty.
- Thread 3 prawns and 2 pieces of spring onion onto each skewer.
- Combine soy sauce, wine, honey, chilli and vinegar in a shallow dish. Put sesame seeds on a plate.
- Dip each prawn skewer into the soy mixture then coat with the seeds.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over a medium-high heat.
- Cook skewers until prawns are opaque, approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer skewers to a plate.
- Pour the remaining soy mixture into the hot pan, and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 15 seconds.
- Pour sauce over the prawns to serve.
Cook’s tip: Serve with fresh lime halves for a little extra zing.