Black bean and ginger roast chicken
With marinade in hand, you can make this dish a day ahead of time allowing it to marinate overnight. Into the oven for an hour, baste a little and you've got a gorgeous Asian-inspired roast chicken.
- Rub chicken all over with the black bean sauce. Place into a bowl skin side up and sprinkle with the ginger matchsticks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Heat oil in a 4-litre oven-proof pot or Dutch oven. Add the diced potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put in the chicken, skin side up. Drizzle chicken with the honey, add chicken stock or water and cover.
- Roast for 40 minutes before removing the lid. Continue roasting for 20 minutes or until the juices run clear. Baste the chicken with its juices from time to time.
- Remove from the oven and rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting chicken into portions.
Goes well with