Baked seafood macaroni cheese
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni for 2 minutes less than packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic and Cajun spice.
- Cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the our and cook 1 minute. Add milk, whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in the marinara seafood, macaroni, 1 cup cheese and parsley.
- Transfer to a 2-litre baking dish. Mix breadcrumbs with the olive oil and scatter over macaroni.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until topping is golden and sauce is bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
You don’t have to make this with frozen seafood. If you can, buy fresh seafood and cut it into similar-sized pieces for even cooking.