Crispy-skin duck, wild rocket and orange salad
( SERVES 4 )
This recipe is incredibly simple but the flavours are fantastic.
|4||Duck breasts, skin on, or use chicken instead of duck|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Sea salt|
|1 medium||Mango, sliced|
|2 cups||Wild rocket, if un available use baby rocket or small salad greens|
|2||Spring onions, julienned|
|½ cup||Hazelnut, roasted|
- Brush the duck with olive oil, then rub with sea salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Place the duck skin-side down in the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes, without moving the duck. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes. If the skin is not crisp enough for your liking, turn again and cook another 2 minutes.
- Transfer duck to a rack to drain any excess fat, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine sliced mango and rocket in a bowl.
- Slice duck breasts diagonally and place on a serving plate. Place salad on top, pour over dressing. Garnish with spring onions and toasted hazelnuts.
- For the dressing, place balsamic vinegar, orange juice and brown sugar in a small saucepan on a medium heat.
- immer for 5 minutes until reduced slightly, then remove from heat and add orange zest.