Orange crunchie bar cheesecake slice
- Lightly grease a 12 x 35 x 2.5cm loose-based, fluted slice pan. Line with baking paper, extending it 6cm above rim at each end.
- Process malt biscuits in food processor until finely crumbed. With the motor running, add melted butter and process until combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan, press mixture evenly over base. Chill for 10 minutes, until butter has set and base is firm.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat cream cheese and orange rind until smooth. Then stir in the condensed milk, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the boiling water in a small heatproof jug or bowl. Stir until dissolved. Strain into cheesecake mixture and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Pour over prepared base. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, until firm.
- Holding baking paper, carefully remove slice from pan. Scatter over crushed. Crunchie bars and extra orange rind. Drizzle with a little maple or apple syrup if desired. Cut into 10 pieces and serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: We used only 80% of the biscuit base for this recipe. You can place leftover base mixture in a small zip-lock bag, freeze and crumble over ice cream.