Vodka and lemon truffles
Search out a truffle-dipping spoon for faultless covering in white chocolate. Otherwise, a regular spoon will do.
|875 g||White chocolate, melts, 500g chocolate melt for dipping|
|1||Lemon, grated rind|
|3 cups||Icing sugar|
- Put chocolate and butter in a microwave-proof bowl and heat on medium until melted, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir after 3 minutes to prevent clumping in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add vodka, lemon rind and icing sugar until well combined.
- Chill in fridge, about 30 minutes, until firm enough to roll into small balls. If mixture gets too solid to roll, soften gently in the microwave.
- When the balls are finished, put them in the fridge to get really solid.
- Melt extra chocolate in the microwave on medium, stirring often until smooth.
- Dip the truffles using a truffle-dipping spoon.
- Once set, package in cellophane and give them to your lucky friends.
- Using the truffle mixture while it is still soft, you can do these delicious stuffed dates to have with coffee or make as a gift. Buy soft fresh Medjool dates from your supermarket.
- Slit and remove the stones. Insert a little soft truffle mixture and a whole toasted almond and close the date.
- Dip in melted dark or white chocolate and place on a lined tray. Place a pistachio nut or a sprinkle of floral sugar on top and leave to set. Package as a gift in papier-mâché seedling containers for a rustic look.