Roasted Kumara & Bacon & Salad
( SERVES 4 )
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|4 pieces||Streaky bacon|
|1||Orange, peeled & cut into small pieces|
|1 cup||Pineapple, pieces|
|½||Red pepper, roasted, diced|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Peel the kumara and cut into 2cm cubes. Place in a roasting pan with the oil and black pepper.
- Mix well. Roast about 15 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Grill or microwave the bacon, until crisp. Cut into pieces.
- Place the orange, pineapple, roasted red pepper, shallot, parsley, kumara and bacon into a large bowl.
- Combine the mayo, curry powder and lemon juice. Drizzle over the salad.
- Toss carefully. Season with salt and pepper.