Maggie's Chicken with Curried Fruit
Great for the family or friends. The fruit can be changed to suit the season.
|2 Tbsp||Rice bran oil|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|4||Chicken breasts, skinned, boned, halved lenghtwise (if large)|
|1 Tbsp||Curry powder|
|3 Tbsp||Dry white wine|
|2 cups||Mixed fruit, eg, seedless grapes, chunks of peaches, pears, plums, kiwifruit|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Slivered almonds, toasted|
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy frying pan. Season the chicken and pan-fry until lightly browned on both sides.
- As the chicken is browning, stir in the curry powder.
- Add the wine, cover and simmer on a low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- To test that the meat is cooked through, press your finger into the thickest part of the chicken - the meat should spring back.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the fruit and brown sugar to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer until syrupy.
- Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and toasted almonds.