|2 Tbsp||Canola oil|
|1||Onion, finely sliced|
|1||Red chilli, seeded and diced|
|1||Kaffir lime leaf, finely julienned|
|½ cup||Fresh peas, or podded broad beans (optional)|
|16||King prawns, raw, peeled and deveined|
|3||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|3 Tbsp||Tamarind puree|
|1 Tbsp||Palm sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 to garnish||Fresh coriander|
- Heat the oil in a wok. Stir-fry the onion, red pepper, chill, kaffir lime leaf - and peas or beans, if using - for 30 seconds.
- Add the prawns and garlic and stir-fry until the prawns are starting to go pink.
- Combine the tamarind puree, water, sugar and fish sauce and stir into the prawn mixture.
- Stir-fry for about two minutes. Garnish with coriander.
- Delicious served with jasmine rice.