Coconut icecream with orange bananas
One cup of long thread coconut could be substituted for the fresh coconut. Toast in the oven, until golden.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degC. Place the coconut in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh and thinly slice with a potato peeler. Spread on a baking tray and brown in the oven.
- Chop very finely, cool. Soften the icecream slightly then mix with the coconut and return to the freezer.
- To prepare the bananas, melt the butter in a small pan. Add the bananas and sugar.
- Saute until the sugar starts to caramelise. Pour in the liqueur, warm slightly, then flame.
- Add the orange juice and serve immediately.