Chicken and snake bean stir-fry
Based on a lunch dish from the Pacific Resort's beachside Black Rock Cafe.
|200 g||Chicken breasts, boned, or chicken fillet|
|4 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|1 serving||Oil, enough for frying|
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small jug. Cut the chicken into strips.
- Marinate in the combined sesame oil, salt, pepper, egg and cornflour for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil for deep-frying.
- Fry the chicken for a few minutes until the coating is cooked and lightly golden.
- Drain on paper towels. Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add the olive oil. Stir-fry the onion, garlic and ginger for two minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the chicken. Stir-fry for one minute then add the sauce mixture, snake beans, coriander, spring onion and butter.
- Heat through.
- Serve garnished with sesame seed.
- Superb served with jasmine rice.