Fish pie with pea & potato topping
Canned fish could be used in place of the fresh fish.
|1||Shallot, thinly sliced|
|¾ cup||Fish stock, or chicken|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 pinch||Chilli powder|
- Sauce: melt butter in a small pan. Saute shallot for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Gradually add stock, stirring continuously, until thick. Season.
- Fish: poach in stock until just cooked. Drain and coarsely flake.
- Add to sauce with red pepper and capers. Pour into two ramekins.
- Topping: peel and cube the potato and cook until tender, adding peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain, add the butter, season, and mash well.
- Spoon over fish in ramekins. Top can be dotted with butter, if preferred.
- Reheat in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, until bubbling.