Moroccan beef salad with green beans
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
This simple yet exotic Moroccan beef and green bean salad is a great meal in one dish.
|500 g||Beef fillets|
|1 tsp||Ground paprika|
|400 g||Green beans, blanched|
|½ cup||Water, boiling|
|½ cup||Toasted almonds|
|1 cup||Spinach, shredded|
|¼ cup||Fresh coriander|
|1||Lemon, juice of|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Rub the beef with the oil, paprika, cinnamon and allspice. Heat barbecue and cook the beef to your liking. Set aside.
- Cook the beans in boiling water. Strain.
- Place the water, cumin, coriander and turmeric into a bowl. Sprinkle on the couscous, cover and leave to sit for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Add the almonds, roasted pepper, spinach, coriander and beans to the couscous. Then add lemon juice and olive oil. Season.
- Arrange on a plate. Slice the beef and place on top.