Cherry tomato, baby cucumber, bocconcini and basil salad
Photo by Tamara West
This simple salad will go well with so many meals - it is a classic Mediterranean combination of tomato, bocconcini and basil.
- Into a bowl, cut cucumbers and cherry chillies, or little sweetie capsicums, into wedges.
- Add salt and sugar. Toss to combine. Meanwhile, cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Drain cucumbers of any extracted liquid, add the tomatoes, and the lime zest. Gently toss.
- Add bocconcini, or fresh mozzarella pieces.
- Dress the salad with of a good drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lime, fresh pepper, and a small handful of basil leaves and toss.