Bang Bang Chicken
( SERVES 4 )
- Poach the chicken in just-simmering water for about 10 minutes, until cooked. Remove the chicken and cool.
- Debone and skin the chicken. Julienne the meat. Peel the cucumber and carrot and julienne. Lightly toast the peppercorns, then crush.
- Whisk together the sesame seed paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, sugar and chilli oil or chilli flakes.
- To serve, arrange the cucumber and half of the carrot on a serving platter. Place the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with the peppercorns. Drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with the remaining carrot and spring onion or shallot.