Pancetta-wrapped fish with gems and capsicum vinaigrette
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Wrap the fish portions with the pancetta, bringing the ends to lay under the fish tidily.
- Boil the gems until cooked but still firm in plenty of salted water, drain.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the gems and garlic, cook for 5 minutes until golden, season and keep warm.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the mustard, vinegar and sugar with 4 Tbsp olive oil, add the capsicum and season.
- Fry the fish in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 4-5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until crispy and golden.
- Serve on the gems with the vinaigrette spooned over and basil leaves to garnish.