Thai-style fish cakes with tamarind
Choose a cheaper fish with white flesh.
- Lightly toast the peanuts, then finely grind. Cut the fish into chunks and place in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. Add the garlic, ginger, tamarind, chilli and salt.
- Pulse until blended. Put the mixture in a bowl and stir in the ground peanuts.
- Form into about eight fish cakes. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Saute the fish cakes for two to three minutes each side, until lightly golden and cooked.
- Great served with a dipping sauce of Thai-style sweet chilli sauce or equal amounts of lemon juice and fish sauce with a little diced chilli.