Duck sausages with lentils, mushrooms and sage
- Place lentils, garlic, thyme, onion and bay in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Check after 20 minutes for tenderness, if ready, drain, discarding the garlic, thyme, onion and bay.
- Season and keep the lentils warm.
- Heat a frying pan, adding a little olive oil and toss the mushrooms until wilted, season and set aside, keeping warm.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil and cook the sausages over a medium-high heat until cooked through and a dark golden colour. Set aside again, keeping warm.
- In a small saucepan heat ½ cup olive oil and when the surface begins to shimmer, drop the sage leaves in, a few at a time removing after 5 seconds with a slotted spoon.
- Place on paper towels. The oil is now nicely flavoured and can be reused.
- To serve, plate the lentils first, topping with the mushrooms then sausages and the crispy sage leaves.